As surely as the leaves change colors in autumn, it’s time for the
2021 Fall UMW Rummage Sale — Friday, Oct. 1 and Saturday, Oct. 2.
The United Methodist Women have not had a rummage sale since 2019 so we have collected a lot of items that are ready for sale. Items that have already been donated are being stored at Frisbie Moving & Storage and will be delivered in time for the sale.
Very important: The rummage sale raises thousands of dollars each year that are used to support numerous missions in the church, the community, and beyond. In the past, UMW has provided funds for upgrades to the parlor, furnishing the chapel, supporting the annual work camp, seed money to start a local Days for Girls chapter, supporting the prayer quilt ministry, scholarships for graduating high school seniors, and more. Still to come: UMW is committed to upgrading the “pink kitchen” on the first floor of the church.
What are the key dates for the rummage sale?
- Saturday, Sept. 25
You can drop off items at church between 10 am and 1 pm.
- Sunday, Sept. 26
- Set-up begins after worship service concludes. You can drop off donated items and help sort from 1 pm to 4 pm.
- Monday, Sept. 27
- Drop off donate items. Stay to sort and price. 9 am to 3 pm
- Tuesday, Sept. 28
- Drop off donated items. Stay to sort and price. 9 am to 3 pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 29
- You can help sort and price — and enjoy a light breakfast and a hearty lunch provided for volunteers. 9 am to 3 pm
- Come back for the pre-sale for church members and friends. 5 to 7 pm
Admission: At least one canned good for the Immanuel Food Pantry.
- Friday, Oct. 1 and Saturday Oct. 2
- Sale days! 9 am to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 2
- Clean up begins when the sale ends! 1 pm until we’re done!
How can you help?
Many hands make light work — and we need many, many hands to have a successful rummage sale. You’ll meet new friends when you work at the rummage sale and you’ll support a tradition that has long raised funds for many worthy projects.
Childcare is available for those with young children. Contact MerriLee Day to make arrangements.
- Bring items to donate from Saturday, Sept. 25 through Tuesday, Sept. 28.
- Help set-up the tables and clothing racks.
- Sort donated items.
- Price donated items.
- Work security on sale days.
- Clean up when the sale is over.
- Work as a cashier on sale days.
- Prepare food to feed volunteers on set-up days and sale days.
- Shop! Shop! Shop! And bring your friends to shop as well !
What can you donate?
One reason the rummage sales are so successful is because we accept and sell almost every kind of good that a home could need or want — furniture, electronics, linens, clothing, books, records, dvds, housewares, dishes, pots & pans, toys, holiday items.
But there are a few items that we will not accept:
- Tube televisions
- Air conditioners
- Washers, dryers, stoves, fridges
- Computer desks and entertainment centers
- Bowling balls (!)
Who do I contact about volunteering or donating?
Contact Nancy Grose with any questions about volunteering or donating.